Important News in Cancer Research & Healthcare – Feb 2018
Here’s a collection of news and stories from the scientific and healthcare communities, ranging from cancer research breakthroughs, new statistics on cancer trends and uplifting stories from researchers and cancer survivors.
Trends in Cancer and Cancer Treatment for 2018
Since we’re starting a new year, many organizations and researchers are compiling important statistics from the previous year. These articles will look at the newest cancer statistics as well as a forecast for expected advancements in cancer treatment expected this year.
- The American Society of Clinical Oncology’s Clinical Cancer Advances for 2018 – Experts weigh in and expect to make a lot of progress in genetic and immunotherapy based treatment courses.
- The American Association for Cancer Research – Exports Forecast Cancer Research and Treatment Advances in 2018
- 7 Key Cancer Trends for 2018 – A look at changes to cancer treatment, drug prices, anti-cancer medications and A.I. advancements.
- Aggressive Skin Cancer Rates Skyrocketing – “The incidence of Merkel cell carcinoma has increased by an “astonishing” 95% in the last decade, according to the lead investigator of a national study published in the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology”
- Facts & Figures 2018: Rate of Deaths from Cancer Continues Decline – Cancer mortality rates have dropped another 1.7%
Interesting Cancer Studies
A look at some of the recent medical studies from the last month including a comprehensive literature review for e-cigarettes and a look at rising drug prices from the American Cancer Society.
- National Cancer Institute: Sitting is Connected to 9 types of Cancer
- Exercise Benefits Cancer Patients Even 4 Years Later
- American Cancer Society: Report on the Harms & Benefits of E-Cigarettes
- American Cancer Society: Study Shows US Cancer Drug Costs Increasing Despite Compeition
Looking Forward to the Future in Cancer Research
Inspirational Stories of Cancer Survival