A Medical Scribe ensures accurate and timely documentation of the medical chart under the direct supervision of the provider. The scribe assists the provider by recording detailed information into the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) during each patient’s visit. The scribe performs various clerical duties to increase the providers efficiency and productivity to maximize patient flow.
- Visit each patient with the provider to capture and transcribe medical record documentation using EMR applications.
- Ensure medical record compliance by self-documentation attestation including name, title, provider name, date and time.
- Update patient history, document physical examination and all other health information in the patient’s record
- Perform other clerical duties as assigned
- Strict adherence to HIPAA and privacy policies.
- Ability to quickly learn and implement basic medical terminologies and techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to observe and record account of events accurately using grammatically correct format
- Ability to effortlessly spell, proofread, and edit documentation
- Stellar keyboarding proficiency
- Solid attention to detail, ability to multitask, solve problems and report issues to management
- Ability to effectively communicate, actively listen and interact with others with professional demeanor
- Responsible and mature
High school diploma required. Medical Assistant is a plus.
Minimum of 1-year experience in a medical environment. Health career tract or healthcare related field involvement. Medical terminology and human anatomy background are a MUST. Prescription knowledge is a plus.
- Monday – Friday = 8 am – 3 pm
- Saturday = 8 am – 1 pm (rotation day)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction