What was your diagnosis, and when were you diagnosed? I was diagnosed with stage four follicular lymphoma in June of 2015, and I have not worked since the treatment. Technically, I could still go back to American Airlines. What did you do for American Airlines? I worked for reservations, and it was very painstaking. My […]
Wake County Hematology Specialist
At Personalized Hematology-Oncology, our board-certified hematologist in Raleigh specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of hematology conditions related to the blood, bone marrow and blood cells. We treat a wide range of blood disorders such as red and white blood cell disorders, blood clots and various types of anemia. As a comprehensive hematology and oncology specialist, we treat blood cancers such as leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma.
Our practice combines specialized knowledge with the latest advancements in therapies to achieve the most positive outcomes possible for each of our patients. Our Raleigh hematologist provides every patient with personalized care and a customized treatment plan.
Extending the concept of personalized medicine to primary care, we also provide primary care for our hematology and oncology patients throughout Raleigh. Board-certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology and Medical Oncology, the chief physician at Personalized Hematology-Oncology is uniquely qualified to support the primary care needs of our hematology patients as they focus on long-term wellness.
READ MORE: What Questions Should I Ask My Hematologist?
Personalized Hematology-Oncology has extensive experience treating the following hematology conditions:
- Blood cancers including leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma
- Anemia – a condition marked by a deficiency of red blood cells or of hemoglobin in the blood, resulting in pallor and weariness
- Hereditary Hemorrhagic Telangiectasia (HHT) – a genetic disorder that causes abnormal blood vessels to form
- Sickle Cell Disease – a family of genetic disorders affected the red blood cells
- Myelodysplastic Syndrome – a group of blood cancers that affect the bone marrow
- Thrombocytopenia – a low number of platelets in the blood
- Hemophilia – a genetic disorder characterized by a deficiency of certain proteins that help blood clot
- Von Willebrand Disease – a bleeding disorder caused by low levels of clotting protein in the blood
Our hematology services include consultation and treatment for a variety of disorders related to blood, organs and tissues – for both cancer and non-cancer patients. We provide the following treatments:
- Diagnostic work-up and treatment management for anemias and coagulation disorders
- Treatment and management of deep vein thromboses and pulmonary embolus
- Anemia treatments for severe iron deficiency patients
- Diagnostic and treatment management of anemia of chronic disease patients
- Diagnostic and treatment management of myeloproliferative disorders
- Phlebotomies for hemochromatosis patients
- Bone marrow aspiration and biopsies to detect hematologic malignancies or lymphoproliferative disorders
- Treatment for blood and marrow cancers including leukemia, lymphoma and multiple myeloma
- Immunotherapies for multiple sclerosis
- Rheumatology and osteoporosis infusions
Lending Our Hematology Expertise for Hospitals
In addition to treating our own patients at our state-of-the-art hematology and oncology center, our practice also provides consultation, personalized medicine work-ups, and transfusion support to local and regional hospitals.